GWCC allows users to execute network utilities (ping, nslookup, traceroute).
Version: 0.9.8GWCC allows users to execute network utilities (ping, nslookup, traceroute) and workstation commands (netstat, df, process grep) from a single tabbed window.
Operating System: Linux
Welcome to GWCC.This program is designed to provide an easy to use interface to your Unix system. I dont know about you, but perform the same operations over-and-over day-after-day, and the command line provided via a terminal window ceases to be very useful once you want to start doing something with the information - like saving or printing it.
In addition to having to know all the flags for all the commands you want to use, you also have to scroll up-and-down the terminal window to retrace your steps and to cut-and-paste (what was that IP address again?).
So, i hope you will find my GTK/GNOME-based point-and-click application of some use in your daily computing activities. Please feel free to write to me with any suggestions you may have (see Contacting The Author below).
Here are some key features of "GnomeWorkstationCommandCenter":
· Complete preferences system (no need to edit any config files, or know flags)
· GNOME support (session management, dialogs, menus, etc.)
· LibGLADE support
· Saving and Printing of all output!
· Highly configurable command flags and program behaviour.
· A Unix-based operating system with X-Windows.
· An ANSI C compiler (e.g., gcc will work just fine).
· A working version of GNOME installed on your system (see www.gnome.org).
· A *stable* version of GTK correctly installed. If you do not have GTK, you can get it at http://www.gtk.org.
What's New in This Release:
· Add support for Sequential File Save.
· Add preference for changing toolbar between Text&Icon, TextOnly, & IconOnly.
· Change "Network Interface" button to "Show Active Connections" - brought about by lack of `ifconfig` access to non-root users in Redhat 7.2 (thanks Joseph Harnish).
· Provide error dialog feedback for Save/Save As operations when saving nothing or using Save As with no filename given.
· Provide error dialog feedback for Print operation when printing nothing.
· Clean up "General" tab in preferences dialog.
· Bug Fix: grep string is garbage if "ps -efH" preference not choosen.
· Bug Fix: change "configure" to "./configure" in gwcc-[ver].spec file. Used when building the app from the gwcc-src.rpm file (thanks Najib Ninaba)