GNU SpaceChart is a map of the stars in 3D.
Version: 0.9.5GNU SpaceChart is a program that allows you to see the stars in glorious 3D and rotate them to see them from any point of view.
Operating System: Linux
You can also limit which stars you want to see, according to their spectral class and luminosity, and draw links between all stars closer than a certain distance.
GNU SpaceChart works under the GNOME environment. Provided GNOME is present, it's known to work on GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris 8.
What's New in This Release:
· SpaceChart is now part of the GNU Project.
· Added bulgarian translation.
· Added french translation.
· Added saving configuration files.
· SpaceChart now uses Right Ascension instead of longitude when interacting with users.
· You can now see a list of all stars in the current dialog, and center the map on any of them.
· The default data file now comes from Hipparcos/CCDM. Read data/README to find out more.