Grady Profile is an educational portfolio for K-20 classrooms
Version: 3.5.5Grady Profile is a portfolio tool, allowing students and teachers to jointly create multi-year, artifact-rich, multimedia portfolios that show what students can do.
License: Free To Try $250.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Combining multimedia artifacts, word processing, data collection and reporting, Grady Profile is adaptable to any educational environment, pre K-graduate school. This range is possible because the format, benchmarks and artifacts come from each school and its students.
The real purpose of the classroom is to help students learn. The Grady Profile engages students in learning by showing their performances, encouraging their reflection and providing them with feedback.
It also allows teachers to have a framework to manage and plan each student's education.
Here are some key features of "Grady Profile":
· It saves teacher time and classroom space in managing portfolio materials.
· It organizes portfolios electronically with dates and titles so you can find specific items easily.
· It lets you collect examples of student work in digital format:
· Sounds - music, foreign language, speaking, ESL, LEP, interviews, role-playing…
· Oral Reading - a special type of sound recording that combines the reading with the material being read
· Graphics - writing, drawing, diagrams, graphs, digital photos…
· Video - presentations, 3D art, performing arts, group work…
· Text - imported from a word processor or manually entered
· External Files - work from any program students use
· Web Pages - for student-generated web content
· It lets you compare samples of a student's work over time to assess progress.
· It provides a place for students to self-assess and reflect on their work.
· It allows you to record student progress against classroom, school, district, or national benchmarks.
· It includes tools to help you customize the content and structure of your students profiles to match your curriculum.
· It generates reports in several formats.
· Peripheral Equipment: Microphones (may be built-in), Digital cameras, Scanners, Video cameras