GroupVille - Web Groupware and Collaboration
Version: 2.1.2GroupVille is a scalable cross-platform groupware solution built on top of Apple WebObjects 5.2 for Java.
License: Free To Try
Operating System: Mac OS X
GroupVille gives you a web-based groupware environment, featuring a unique infrastructure for information management and sharing, as well as webmail/messaging, calendar of shared events and invitations, tasks and contact management.
GroupVille also includes a Wiki, News, a Forum and a FAQ system.
· Free for up to 3 users, no limitations.
· Paying versions for 6 users up to a site license are available.
What's New in This Release:
· Added support for Tomcat deployments (http://tomcat.apache.org/, Tomcat Release 5.5.12). This removes the need to install WebObjects on the deployment server. A separate download file is available (GV Servlet Single Directory) is available.
· Added separate deployment guide for Tomcat.
· GV Chooser popup window: User Preference option to open Chooser on login
· GV File uploads: Added browser check to allow for traditional http://-uploads in case the GV plugin is not available.
· Fixed small bugs and UI issues in user interface.
· GroupVille requires Apple WebObjects 5.2 deployment, which is included with you Apple server or OS X Server.
· Server: Mac OS X Server 10.3 or 10.4 (Windows 2000, Linux or Solaris servers upon customer demand) and WebObjects 5 application server. (WebObjects deployment comes free with Apple server hardware and/or Mac OS X Server).
· Mobile Clients: Any SMS capable phone worldwide for SMS reception. A Mobile HTML browser is needed for PDA or smartphone acccess.