GryPhon is a CD-player focusing on configurability, stability and 'exciting' new features.
Version: 0.2.9.9.4GryPhon is a CD-player focusing on configurability, stability and 'exciting' new features. It is programmed entirely in Python, resembles Grip, and includes CDLow, the (to my knowledge*) only full-featured CD-audio library/module for Python.
Operating System: Linux
By full-featured I mean capable of calculating the CDDB-ID, playing, stopping, skipping/searching and returning general info about both CD and drive. GryPhon has by now got all the CD-playing functions that Grip has, but they are better than Grip.
Here are some key features of "GryPhon":
· Python code
· Support for multiartist-discs
· Multi-speed skipping/searching
· Normal/Random/Playlist playback modes
· Loop playback mode
· Customizable 'Custom-Col' (see screenshots)
· XML-like colour/style-formatting of tracknames
· Change of CD-device on the fly
· Tracklist display (also for multiartist)
· Window title for no-disc, stopped and playing
· Multi-speed skipping/searcing
· Window-shrink to number of tracks
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed typo so that setting column-adjustment works