gtranscode is a GTK+ GUI (graphical use interface) front-end for transcode .
Version: 0.3gtranscode is a GTK+ GUI (graphical use interface) front-end for transcode written in order to make this powerful tool easier to use. Transcode is a powerful video and audio processing tool that can read in just about any format of video and/or audio and convert to just as many different formats. In addition to transcode's extremely flexible modular concept for reading/writing different formats and codecs, it can apply filters, do re-sampling, resizing, cropping, and more. The cost from all this comes in the form of over 100 command line options but gtranscode aims to simplify.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "gtranscode":
· organized layout to reduce confusion
· supports all of the options that most users will want
· uses tcprobe -i (from transcode package) to summarize information about input file before processing
· shows the equivalent transcode command line for troubleshooting and familiarizing users with command line options
· any extra options not supported by the GUI can be manually entered in the entry box before hitting "GO"
· automatic "maintain aspect ratio" calculations
· automatic "projected filesize" calculations based on bitrates
What's New in This Release:
· added much needed cancel button to progress window
· added capability to tcprobe an entire directory and add the number of frames up. This allows a directory to be transcoded without the progress bar saying NaN.