gunzets is support software for Gunze touch screens.
Version: 1.4gunzets supports Gunze touch panels under Linux and XFree86. Supported panels are the serial, PS/2, and USB devices.
Operating System: Linux
All devices are supported by means of an XFree86 module, and the USB device via a kernel module as well. Both XFree version 3.3.6 and 4.x are supported, as well as kernel 2.2 and 2.4. The driver is supported by Gunze USA.
· Debouncing is only supported for XFree 4.0 (not 3.3.6).
· A bounce event breaks smoothing processing
· Support for multi-screen operation is not supported.
In order to successfully load the module you need to have the following facilities compiled in your kernel or loaded as modules:
· usb generic support (usbcore.o)
· a usb host controller driver (usb-ohci.o o usb-uhci.o)
· support for misc devices like the ps2 mouse (misc.o)
· the input mechanism (input.o)
To compile the driver just make. If your 2.4 or 2.2 kernel headers are not available from /usr/src/linux/include then specify KERNELDIR to point to your kernel source directory, either on the make command line or in the environment. For example:
To load the driver, use insmod:
To use the input mechanism, specify it on the command line:
insmod ./gunzets.o use_input=1
To automatically create the entry point in /dev (needed if you are not using the input mechanism) run the gunzets_load script instead:
To install the module to the proper places you can run make install. You may also wish to copy gunzets_load from /usr/local/bin to /etc/rc.d/init.d or /etc/init.d and create a proper symbolic link for automatic load at boot.