Gusanos is a great Liero clone.
Version: 0.9cGusanos is a great Liero clone
Operating System: Linux
It currently works on Windows and Linux.
In the game each player controls a small worm armed to the teeth and fights other worms in a destructible battleground. It can be described as "Real-time Worms" or "2D Quake", or a combination of both.
The gameplay is as close as possible to Liero's. Hardcore Liero players will feel at home. Newbies, on the other hand, may find the controls hard to dominate at first, but not less enjoyable. Practice makes perfect.
Gusanos improves greatly on what the original Liero left, adding modern graphics, audio and networking capabilites along with a myriad of other features.
The Gusanosengine is fully moddable. It achieves this in a Quake-like fashion, so that each mod lives in its own folder without messing with the core game files.
Moddability is present at every level, from graphics to game logic. Hardcore modders get full power with the LUA scripting language. You can use the engine to create an entirely new game (Total Conversion), or simply add a few imaginative weapons.
· GCC - C/C++ compiler (>= 3.4 – 3.3 won’t do! Preferably 4.0)
· Allegro - Game library (>= 4.2.0)
· Boost - C++ libraries (>= 1.33 - You’ll need libboost-filesystem and libboost-signals.)
· fmod - Sound library (>= 3.74 - You can get it here)
· Zoidcom - Networking library (0.6.x Get it here)
· SCons - Software construction tool
· re2c - Tool for generating fast C-based recognizers (or use ‘scons no-parser=yes’) [note: in my experience re2c is mandatory, if not a compile error will come up because one of the .h files was not properly generated]