Gv4l is a GUI frontend for the V4L (Video For Linux) functions of transcode, used to record video (and audio) streams.
Version: 2.2.4Gv4l is a GUI frontend for the V4L (Video For Linux) functions of transcode, used to record video (and audio) streams from a V4L devices, such as tuners and webcams, in encoded (Xvid, DivX, etc.) or raw video formats.
Operating System: Linux
To use Gv4l you'll need to have transcode-0.6.7 or later installed. Having xawtv installed is also recommended because transcode uses the xawtv configuration file ($HOME/.xawtv) to get the channels, brightness, contrast, and possibly other information.
· transcode >= 0.6.7
What's New in This Release:
· Add support for transcode 0.6.13+
· GUI Updates
· Use new Browse style
· Action buttons expand and fill the toolbar
· Applied UTF-8 patch submitted by Sebastian Voecking
· Igain is set to 1 if it's 0 as there will be no sound otherwise (alsa only?)
· Re-created the project with glade
· Executed gettextize and supporting stuff:
· Makefile.am (SUBDIRS): Add m4.
· ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS): New variable.
· (EXTRA_DIST): Add config.rpath mkinstalldirs.
· configure.in (AC_OUTPUT): Add po/Makefile.in,
· Changed the way .xawtv is being read (removed useless/obsolete chunks)
· nothing was being read if the channel=# is not the 1st in the section
· code is more efficient now