WinHelp file authoring tool for Word for Windows. Use Windows Help files for your manuals~Designed for user friendliness.~~Automatically generates a top level Table of Contents with Hypertext jumps to topics already in place.
License: Free To Try $39.00
Operating System: Windows
- User works entirely within Word (English or non-English versions). You never have to touch a context string, or an HPJ or RTF file (unless you want to).
- Can generate topics from Word Heading Styles, or user can identify them by pointing.
- Generates a table of contents automatically, for display in the main window, a secondary window or a PopUp with jumps from it already in place.
- User adds additional jumps and PopUps by highlighting the text or graphic to jump from and pointing to the topic to jump to. Mid- topic jumps are supported.
- Generates search keywords automatically (user can edit) in lower, upper, or mixed case.
- Can generate browse sequences automatically.
- Generates and tracks context strings automatically (user can edit).
- Can set sizes of main and secondary windows independently, both on initial display and on topic change. Can determine windows for initial display - main, secondary or both.
- Set background colours for scrolling and non-scrolling text.
- Set hotspot colour for cultures where green is not suitable.
- Add sound effects by playing WAV files.
- Launch other processes from within Help File by clicking text or icons.
- Automatic multi-file project builds.
- Generation and mapping of topic numbers for HELPCONTEXTID and other context-sensitive needs.
- Incorporation of additional WinHelp macros by dialog box selection.
- Expert users can supply a file of [sections] to be merged into HPJ file on each build.
- Customised button bars for main window, secondary windows, PopUps or embedded in text. Button-top text in any language. Buttons call or PopUp any topic, WinHelp macro or launch another process.
- Automatic generation of a "Glossary" topic if desired with an alphabet button box at the top.
- Generation of additional menus and menu items on the Winhelp menu bar. Even omission of the whole menu bar.
- Customisable "copyright" line for WinHelp about box.
- Generation of CNT file.