Help.app - Tech support aid
Version: 1.0 RC1.1In the simplest terms, Help.app is an application that assists users (those needing tech support) who need support from techs (those who want to help you) as easy as possible. This is accomplished through easily sharing system profiles, one step setup to using remote screen sharing software and last but not least, finding someone to help you out.
Operating System: Mac OS X
One Step OSXvnc Setup: Tired of hassling with port fowarding, firewalls when trying to get OSXvnc (VNC Server) setup on your system or someone elses you want to help? With Help.app with just one click it configures, starts and setups a SSH tunnel to macosx.com servers for easy VNC access. Then you just give the person connecting the assign port and password and your done. It is really that easy.
Profile Sharing: Help.app takes advantage of Apple's System Profiler application to provide quick and convient ways of sharing various detailed levels of your system with others to help with troubleshooting and tech support purposes.
Getting Support: Finding someone to help you out is the most important step to finding a solution. Using macosx.com's own free tech support service, you can easily submit questions and view ticket status using Help.app.
The application is distributed with the latest version of OSXvnc. For more information visit our software information page.
What's New in This Release:
· This version is a quick update to the previous RC1 based upon initial feedback and other features and fixes most 10.3 issues experienced in previous releases.
· When quitting the application all active remote control sessions are disconnected
· Changed body field format for the question form
· Added a Copy to Clipboard feature for Remote Sharing settings
· Added Three Test Buttons Under Settings for Troubleshooting Connections
· Test Button: Internet/Account Test checks for port 80 connection and account verification
· Test Button: SSH Test checks that the application can use SSH and that Port 22 is open for outbound connections
· Test Button: Remote Test checks that OSXvnc is installed or in the case of 10.3 users, it defaults to look in the /Applications folder
· Added Connection Timeouts which caused the application to lock up if not connected to the internet
· Fixed issue with ticket refresh not working under 10.3
· Fixed Profile Publishing Bugs - Public/Non-Public - Profile Name Updating
· Other misc code changes.