Produce CHM, PDF, RTF and HTML websites from single source. Use template engine to change help file appearance. Image Library and Text Snippets speed up authoring. Conditional compilation for easy branding. Multiple languages in one project file.
Version: 2.3Helpinator's main focus is on making help authoring more productive. Helpinator eliminates double-work that you have to do using regular help authoring tools and simplifies complex tasks.
Operating System: Windows
You can compile professinally looking help files in 4 different formats, in multiple languages and for multiple editions of your product - all that from single source!
Main features of Helpinator:1. Produces documentation in CHM, PDF, RTF and Website formats.
2. Project file can store as many languages as you wish. You don't need to have separate projects for each language and waste time synchronizing them.
Project structure and topic IDs remain the same, you only need to enter content and titles in different languages.
Each language can have it's own:
- Contents and titles
- Templates (both HTML and RTF)
- Text Snippets
Template engine allows you to customize documentation look and feel. HTML and RTF / PDF templates are fully adjustable.
If you don't know HTML or CSS you can use Template Builder that helps you visually design HTML template.
4. Helpinator produces good-looking PDF files with front page, table of contents, header, footer, page numbers and outline.
5. Image Library can save you a lot of time. First of all - all images are at one place, so you don't need to browse through your project to find them.
Second - you can reference one image from several topics. When image changes you only need to update it in the library.
6. Shape editor allows you to annotate images and screenshots.
7. Text snippets save your time just like library images. If sime portion of text appears in the same form in different topics - create text snippet from it.
You will save time as you don't need to paste it into each topic and you don't need to update every topic if this text changes. Just edit snippet.
8. Conditional compilation allows you to compile different variations from the same source.
See our website for more detailed view of features.
Version 2.3: Version 2.3 + Project verification + Reports that show current project status, errors and work to do. + New compile log window
Version 1.4: - Search and Replace across entire project. - Command-line utility for use in batch files. - Keywords highlight in the topic editor.