Free Hidden File Scanner and Removal Software
Version: 8.0Hidden File Finder is the free software to quickly scan and discover all the Hidden files on your Windows system.
Operating System: Windows
One of its main feature is the Unhide Operation. You can select one or all of the discovered Hidden files and Unhide them with just a click.
Also it can automatically detects the Hidden Executable Files (EXE, DLL, COM etc) and shows them in red color for easier identification.
It is very easy to use with its cool GUI interface. Particularly, it will be more handy for Penetration testers and Forensic investigators.
Here are the main features,
- Fast multi threaded Hidden File finder to quickly scan entire computer, drive or folder.
- Unhide all the Hidden files with one click.
- Delete the selected file/folder completely
- Scan Online feature to online threat verification (mainly Executable files) using Google Search or VirusTotal.
- Right Click Context Menu to perform quick tasks.
- Settings dialog to fine tune the scanning operation.
- Color based representation of Hidden Files/Folders/Executable Files and Unhide operations.
- Open the folder in explorer by double clicking on the List
- Shows detailed statistics during scanning operation
- Sort feature to arrange the Hidden files based on name/size/type/date/path
- Detailed hidden file scan report in HTML format
- Fully portable and can be run from anywhere
- Also includes Installer for local installation/un-installation
Hidden File Finder works on both 32-bit & 64-bit platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 10 version.
Version 8.0: Improved speed of hidden file scanning operation.
Version 7.0: Mega 2018 relese with features including improved GUI, delete button, clear scan report, More system & common files added to ignore list
Version 6.0: Major release with the support for new Windows 10 version. Also features new Installer for simple installation & un-installation.