hmake is a compilation manager for Haskell programs.
Version: 3.13hmake is a compilation manager for Haskell programs.
Operating System: Linux
What is hmake?
· hmake is a compilation manager for Haskell programs. See hmake.html for more details.
· hmake interactive, or hi for short, is an interactive program development environment for Haskell, rather like Hugs. See interactive.html for more details.
· hmake-config is an auxiliary tool for managing the set of compilers known by hmake, useful when you install a new compiler, or a new version of a compiler. See hmake-config.html for more details.
· runhs is a #! script 'interpreter' for Haskell, using hmake underneath to build and run the program script. See runhs.html for more details.
Configure, compile, and install:
$ ./configure --prefix=/my/installation
$ make install
$ configure --help
to discover what options you can change at configuration time. The configuration process actually does quite a good job of detecting what Haskell compilers you have, where they live, and anything special they might need. However, should you need to change anything by hand, after installation, use the hmake-config utility.
`harch' is a little script for determining your processor/OS combination. It is supplied because many sites have heterogeneous networks of machines all accessing a common filespace. You only need to install one copy of the `hmake' script, which uses `harch' to select the correct executables for any particular machine.
For hi to work on the Windows/Cygwin platform, you must export the SHELL environment variable before starting the interpreter.
The system-wide hmakerc configuration file lives in:
(Of course, you don't have to use the root location /usr/local for your installation. Just use --prefix= at configuration time to reflect your preference.)
A personal hmakerc configuration file can live in:
Normally, a user will simply use the system-wide hmakerc. If you want to make any customisations, for instance to add a new compiler or change the default, you first need to create a personal hmakerc file with hmake-config new. Only the person who installs hmake can change the system-wide hmakerc.
What's New in This Release:
· GHC 6.6 support has been fixed.