Houdinix is a GNU/Linux live-cd made for young computer science students.
Version: 0.1Houdinix is a GNU/Linux live-cd made for young computer science students of our university, it's a simple and user-friendly distribution, containing all tools needed by a beginner.
Operating System: Linux
It contains more than 2 gigabytes of data (on a single 700Mb CD), and can be installed very easily on a local hard drive with our installer, Houdinstall.
Here are some key features of "Houdinix":
· Kernel 2.4.24houdinix.
· Compressed file system Squashfs: 2.4Gb of data.
· KDE 3.2 graphic environment.
· Compilers and interpreters for the followings languages : Basic, C, C++, Caml (ocaml), Cobol, Delphi, Fortran, Guile, Java (JDK1.4.2), Lisp (GNU clisp), Pascal, Perl (modules Gtk, Tk, Mail, ...), Prolog (gplc, gprolog), Python, Scheme (umb-scheme), Smalltalk, Tcl.
· Scientific tools : gnuplot, scilab, mupad.
· OpenOffice.org 1.1.3, Gimp 2
· Network support and tools : telnet, ssh, nmap, nslookup, etc...
· Internet tools : Firefox, Thunderbird, Kmail, Kopete, Konqueror, etc...
· File systems recognized on local disks: ext2, ext3, vfat, iso9660 (ro), squashfs (ro), jfs, minix, ufs, reiserfs, ntfs (ro).
· Installation on hard disk with Houdinstall.
· Swap detection with our software Houdiswap.
· 400Mhz Intel compatible CPU.
· 64Mb of RAM.
· A bootable CD-ROM drive, (>8x).