htsserver project consists of a server application of the multiplayer trading game Holsham Traders
Version: 0.5.9htsserver project consists of a server application of the multiplayer trading game Holsham Traders
Operating System: Linux
htsserver is the server application for Holsham Traders, a realtime multiplayer trading game. In the game, you are a merchant on a distant planet trying to make as much money as possible by buying and selling goods.
htsserver is the name of the server. You also need a client to play the game.
What's New in This Release:
· We use autoconf 2.49c and the latest CVS automake now.
· htsserver now requires Glib 1.3.2 or better.
· Rewrite of the networking code, the logging code, configfile support, the string parsing routine and much more.
· We use htsprotocol 0.4.6 now. There were several changes in the protocol. See docs/PROTOCOL for details.
· login_timeout and autosave_delay can now be turned off.
· Removed the 'defaultgame' option and the commandline options --gamename and --creategame.
· Added the commandline options --configfile, --logfile, --datadir and --savegamesdir.
· Lots of documentation updates. Added the manpage htsserver.conf(5).
· More verbosive and more descriptive error reports.
· Removed some arbitrary limits, e.g. the length of the logging-messages is not limited anymore.
· Removed the commandline options --daemonize and --stderr-device.
· You cannot log to stderr anymore. htsserver always runs as daemon, now.
· Removed savegame support. This will be re-implemented. Savegame files will either be ASCII files or XML files.
· Added configure options --with-configfile=FILE, --with-logfile=FILE, --with-datadir=DIR and --with-savegamesdir=DIR to make the game more relocatable.
· htsserver is FHS compliant, now.
· Fixed several format string vulnerabilities.
· Lots and lots of internal improvements and of course the usual bugfixes.