HttpLogBrowser is a free tool that will help you analyzing logs of your web sites hosted in IIS, Azure or in Apache. The tool can display statistics on every field value allowing to easily filter down the log entries just with a click on a value.
Version: 4.0The HttpLogBrowser is a free Windows desktop application that helps analyze HTTP logs of web sites hosted either in IIS or in Microsoft Azure or in Apache web servers.
Operating System: Windows
With this tool its easy to find abnormal or peak activity thanks to a statistic evolution chart that let you zoom in specific periods of time to see what's going on. It's then easy to determine involved web pages or IP addresses thanks to the automatically calculated field statistics.
Just with a click on a value it's possible to filter down the view to problematic web requests.
The application can also help to easily determine the origin of visitors that land on a web site and follow their browse history by filtering the view on a tracking cookie.
Any cookie or query parameter can be extracted in a new field to facilitate the analysis and filter down the web requests more easily with relevant information.
- Fields with always the same value are removed from the log view and the statistics and are displayed in a specific panel to lighten the logs and focus on what is changing.
- Up to 2 million log rows can be loaded in memory for analysis
- Ability to define profiles for log files of web sites you regularly analyze.
- Extract fields from the user agent string (e.g. browser, OS, device).
- Ability to extract the ASP.NET session ID and the PHP session ID from the cookie field.
- Ability to extract keywords for some search engines (Bing for now) from the referrer
- Ability to extract the gclid for Google ads landing when auto tagging is enabled
- The country of client IP addresses can be determined
- Client IP addresses can be resolved to their host name
- Request to some kind of files can be excluded from the analysis (e.g. css, png, json) to keep only requests to pages.
- Request to some URLs on the web site can be ignored
- A tracking field can be configured to remember the origin of visitors
Version 4.0: Newly available log rows are automatically loaded during a refresh Improved IIS FTP logs analysis Improved quick access to local IIS sites logs Fields can be organized by categories New welcome screen Multiple log folders mode for load balanced web sites Real time mode
Version 3.0: Reload quickly recent log files/folders Load directly log files from local IIS web sites Quickly load log files from IIS Express Statistics are built in multi-thread An icon is displayed for each web request to quickly identify the status Now the column order is persistent
Version 2.0: Apache access logs are supported Determines the country of client IP addresses Resolves client IP addresses to their host name Detailed field statistics window Specify a tracking field to remember the origin of visitors Keep filtered views in cache to speed up when you display it again
Version 1.01: Fixed: The count for the last bar of the time statistics histogram was wrong Fixed: When more than 50 different values for a field, the remaining values count was wrong in the pie chart leading to wrong percentages. Fixed: In some cases fields were not correctly extracted from the cookie field
Version 1.0: Added: Ability to extract custom query variables and cookies in new fields Added: Ability to navigate to the referrer web page and the website page Added: Ability to specify the web site host name if not provided by the logs Fixed: Various bugs
Version 0.9: First release