HyperNext Player - A freeware utility that runs HyperNext stacks
Version: 3.83HyperNext Player is a tool that runs stacks created by HyperNext Studio.
Operating System: Mac OS X
HyperNext Studio is an easy to use software creation system that allows hobbyists, students, educators, in fact almost anyone, to quickly start building their own software that works.
The HyperNext interface has just one design window and simple toolbar, and three modes: Design, Preview and Run. Controls such as buttons can be rapidly placed and their English-like scripts edited with its easy to use Script Editor.
Stacks are usually quite small, about 50k, and are easy to distribute, needing just a HyperNext Player to run. Stacks are also platform independent, working on Windows, Macintosh OS X (Mactel, G3, G4, G5) and OS 9.
Here are some key features of "HyperNext Player":
· Visually based software creation system.
· Builds cross-platform for Macintosh and Windows.
· HyperNext Studio contains both Macintosh and Windows versions.
· Creator builds cross-platform software.
· Developer builds plugins to expand Creator.
· Player runs Creator stacks.
· English-like programming language: untyped language for faster development, has over 1000 commands and functions.
· Graphic canvases support image manipulation.
· NotePlayer for MIDI music.
· Play movies, sounds and music.
· Sprite animation for games programming.
· Image banks for storing and manipulating images.
· Large range of commands for text processing and maths.
· Easy networking for sending/receiving messages/data.
· Serial Port for comms with GPS, model trains and other hardware.
· RBscript for computationally intensive tasks.
· RBscript is a compiled version of REALbasic by REAL Software Inc.
· Includes easy to use neural network technology.
· Can localise stacks/apps for other languages like Japanese.
· HyperNext Creator is expandable via plugins(modules).
· Develop plugins(modules) with HyperNext Developer.
· Distribute your software as stacks, applications or plugins.
· Free memory 35 MB.
· Processor speed 100 MHz or more.