hYPerSonic is a program for building and manipulating signal processing pipelines from Python scripts.
Version: 1.2.0hYPerSonic is a program for building and manipulating signal processing pipelines from Python scripts. It is designed for real-time control. It includes objects for oscillators, filters, file IO, and soundcard and memory operations. It is low-level: every byte counts.
Operating System: Linux
Just recently worked out how to call back into the python interpreter from the portaudio (v18) callback. This is primarily for OSX (and windows?) where the mutex performance was unacceptable. Unfortunately this callback style (so far) breaks all existing code (which is based on a main loop in python).
It is working currently only on Linux and OSX.
· debian: python-dev (rpm: python-devel)
· To compile on OSX you will need the developer tools.
What's New in This Release:
· added checks for OSS soundcard; new variable to set in ~/.hypersonicrc
· added new Task classes : File, Dsp that take a mode argument
· added checks for SDL, enabling the Trace task