IBFirstAID is a tool for automatic diagnose and repairing of corrupted InterBase/Firebird databases. Diagnostics features allow you to checkup the database's health and prevent the possible serious problems with corruptions.
Version: 1.0IBFirstAID is a tool for automatic diagnose and repairing of corrupted InterBase/Firebird databases. Diagnostics features allow you to checkup the database's health and prevent the possible serious problems with corruptions. Repairing capabilities of IBFirstAID allow you to save data after heavy corruptions: when gfix fails, IBFirstAID will save your data. It can repair up to 80% of the most prevalent corruptions.
License: Free To Try $189.00
Operating System: Windows
The main target corruption's types which IBFirstAID is intended to fix are listed below:
- Internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page (165)) The required TIP pages are lost and engine cannot open the database. IBFirstAID repairs the missed pages and recovers the database.
- Unknown database I/O error for file "*.gdb". Error while trying to read from file. Usually it indicates that many pages are lost in the end of the file (probably power failure?). The engine cannot open the database, so gfix fails. IBFirstAID recreates the missed system pages and cuts the wrong links.
- Database file appears corrupt. Wrong page type. Page NNN is of wrong type (expected X, found Y) This error can mean the various things, but usually the database file has missed pages. For example, if expected=5, it means that some table data are corrupted - it may prevents the backup or make this table unavailable. IBFirstAID fixes the wrong page's links and repairs the database.
- Wrong record length. IBFirstAID checks every record in database and can repair some record-level errors.
- Other database corruptions caused by lost pages.