iLamp is a powerful screen saver specifically designed to unleash the full potential of the new 2002 iMac.
Version: 1.1iLamp is a powerful screen saver specifically designed to unleash the full potential of the new 2002 iMac. It will turn your iMac into an ultra modern lamp when you are not using it as a computer.
Operating System: Mac OS X
However, iLamp may also be used on any other Macintosh, though it is then far less helpful... It will display an empty screen with a user-defined color.
Here are some key features of "iLamp":
· Engine: Defines the rendering engine that iLamp will use. Two engines are currently available:
· OpenGL: 3D graphics rendering layer. It is the best choice for computers with a reasonably powerful graphics card.
· Quartz: 2D graphics rendering layer. Does not rely on hardware.
· Lamp color: Defines the color of the "light bulb", that is the color of the screen background.
· Color cycling: When enabled, the light color changes by rotating the hue component. The slider determines the speed of the cycle.
· Summon Luxo: When enabled, a Luxo lamp is summoned periodically. It will "walk" through the screen. Try it! The slider determines the delay between two summons.
· Enable iLamp on the main screen only: Disables the screen saver on secondary screens.
The iLamp screensaver comes with a bonus feature: the Space key acts like a switch turning the lamp on or off.