ImageEngine exports images from PDF documents in prepress quality
Version: 2.0.1The Adobe Acrobat plug-in exports images from PDF documents in prepress quality. While the Acrobat built-in function changes the color space of the images into the RGB color space, ImageEngine maintains the original color space.
License: Free To Try $279.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
ImageEngine is available for Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OS X 10.2 and works with Acrobat 5 as well as with Acrobat 6 Professional and Standard.
· Inspect: creates a PDF containing information about the images of a source PDF.
· Extract: creates a PDF containing only the images from a source PDF.
· Render: uses the Acrobat render method to save the images of a source PDF either as Macintosh Pictures or in the format of a QuickTime Exporter.
· Render Pages: uses the Acrobat render method of to save views of pages of a source PDF either as Mac Pictures or in the format of a QuickTime Exporter.
· Render Selection: uses the Acrobat render method to save the current graphics selection either as Mac Picture or in the format of a QuickTime Exporter.
· Import Images: searches a folder or volume, collecting images in a new PDF. The Import formats of QuickTime are used.
· In the demo mode the software's entire function range can be used. However, with some functions, the resulting images will be marked by a framed cross and the sign "DEMO".
What's New in This Release:
· Starting with version 2.0 ImageEngine offers a possibility to be included into a workflow.
· ImageEngine uses the method of "Watched Folders".
· The Standard-Edition ImageEngine 2.0 Std offers up to 3 Watched Folders. Every Watched Folder can have individual settings.
· The functions
* Render PDF
* Render Pages
· are applicable. The watching can be activated or deactivated for any or all of the Watched Folders.
· Fixed a resource conflict which could cause Acrobat 5.05 (under Mac OS 9 as well as Mac OS X) to crash when using the "Safe As" menu.
In addition to the Standard-Edition ImageEngine 2.0 Std the Pro-Edition ImageEngine 2.0 Pro is available, which distincts from Standard-Edition by the unlimited number of Watched Folders.
The Standard-Edition ImageEngine 2.0 Std is available for registered users of version 1.xx as a free update.
Registered users of version 1.xx are eligible to upgrade to ImageEngine 2.0 Pro.