Imap2rss.php is a program that exports the contents of an IMAP folder as an RSS feed.
Version: 1.0beta3imap2rss.php is a simple PHP application that generates an RSS 2.0 feed from the messages within an IMAP folder.
Operating System: Linux
imap2rss.php requires PHP version 4 to run. To install you have only to rename the downloaded text file to imap2rss.php and copying it to the directory in your web server where you wish to make the service available.
Configuration is simply a matter of editing the script and setting the variables defined near the beginning of the script. The possibility exists for one script to use several configurations, and this is covered in the following section.
Here are some key features of "imap2rss":
· The RSS feed contains the full message text.
· Includes a simple viewer for individual items in HTML, to ensure working permalinks.
· Understands multipart MIME messages, and displays a list of attachments as links as well as providing a way of downloading these attachments.
· Does some minor processing to plain-text messages to make them readable in HTML-aware newsreaders, as well as automatic URL link generation.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed bug that caused invalid XML to be generated when using HTML entities in body descriptions.