Input Director is designed for those folks that have two (or more) Windows systems set up at home. Using Input Director, position the monitors of your systems side-by-side and then you can control them via one keyboard / mouse.
Version: 1.4.3Input Director is designed for those folks that have two (or more) Windows systems set up at home.
Operating System: Windows
Using Input Director, you can position the monitors of your systems side-by-side and then control all of them via one keyboard / mouse.
To transition which system you're controlling is as simple as moving the cursor off the screen on one system and it'll pop up on the next screen (similar to a multi-monitor setup) or via a hotkey combo.
Input Director also lets you share clipboard contents, so you can copy from one machine, switch over to another and then paste. This also works for files that are in network shared directories.
New features include:
- Import/Export Input Director configuration as XML
- Make configuration changes using the app or via a new command line tool
- Cursor displayed correctly if mouse is disconnected
- Fixed a bug that could cause Input Director not to resume after connecting to a slave over Remote Desktop
- Have Input Director periodically check for updates and alert you when a new version is available
- Use Wake-On-Lan to wake a slave from sleep when transitioning to it
- Use Wake-On-Lan to wake a slave when the master system is started or resumes
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor enhancements
Version 1.4.3: * Import/Export Input Director configuration as XML * Use Wake-On-Lan to wake a slave from sleep * Cursor displayed correctly if mouse is disconnected
Version 1.4.2: * Supports Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 * Supports high DPI displays
Version 1.3: * Can control any system from any other system * Improved communications mode to better support unreliable Wireless networks * Direct a file to open on a different system from Windows Explorer * Permanently bind a key to a specific system * Horizontal scrollwheel actions are now supported
Version 1.2.2: * Supports flexible monitor layouts for systems with 3+ monitors * Mirror input mode can be limited to just keyboard or mouse only * Fixed problem with Vista/Win7 that could block the cursor from transitioning to slaves * Fixed several issues that could cause keys to become 'stuck' on a system
Version 1.2.1: * New transition options: Double-tap, linger, dead corners * Suppress warnings about clipboard pastes, different versions of ID and slave unavailabilities * Use the Masters keyboard layout * Limit config changes to administrators * "Hands-free" upgrade mode for Slaves