Internet Chess ToolKit project is a Java library for chess with PGN, FEN, SAN, and ICS (FICS, ICC) support.
Version: 0.2Internet Chess ToolKit project is a Java library for chess with PGN, FEN, SAN, and ICS (FICS, ICC) support.
Operating System: Linux
Internet Chess ToolKit is a Java-based set of libraries and widgets useful for performing common tasks such as reading SAN (internationalized), FEN, PGN, generating legal moves, and connection to Internet Chess Servers (FICS).
The purpose of the Internet Chess ToolKit is to provide an extensible library to facilitate the development of internet server clients, bots, training programs, peer-to-peer players, and and various other programs useful for the game player. The library was designed with a high level of abstraction and utilization of object oriented design patterns to make it extensible; The model set up should allow for implementations of many games besides Chess, which is the main focus of this library.
Such other games might include chess variants like BugHouse, or completely different games like scrabble and the Chinese game of Go. Another goal of the library is ease of use. A lot of effort has gone into comprehensive documentation and providing sensible names for methods, as well as providing many convenience methods.
Here are some key features of "Internet Chess ToolKit":
· FICS support (limited)
· legal move generation.
· game history with variation support (alternative move suggestions).
· move comment support in text and Numeric Annotation Glyphs (NAG).
· Standard Algebraic Notation (SAN) read/write support (internationalized for presentation in 16 languages).
· Portable Game Notation (PGN) read/write support (including move variations, and FEN).
· Forsyth-Edwards Notation (FEN) read/write support.
· True MVC structure with board displays driven by game model events.
· Command-line Board display (GUI to come).
· Well documented. Sample code also provided.
What's New in This Release:
· Limited FICS support style12, match request, kibitz, whisper, say, tell, channel tell, shout, c/t/-shout, emote, move list, pin, gin, seek ads, seek remove, seek clear, game results
· Timeseal support
· XSLT java code generation for ICS events
· Sample ICS Client
· PGN bugs fixed