IP and Ethernet testing Tool is an ethernet bridge addon for testing of network appliances and applications.
Version: 0.8.5IP and Ethernet testing Tool is also known as "IET" and it's an ethernet bridge addon for testing of network appliances and applications.
Operating System: Linux
Initialy IskraTel extended and customized the NistNet tool.
However NistNet functions on IP layer and requires that tested equipment be configured to use different subnets and gateways.
Nistnet main purpose was internet emulation while IET main purpose is testing of communication equipment.
Here are some key features of "IP and Ethernet testing Tool":
· no need to reconfigure equipment, just insert a PC with two NICs "on the cable"
· works on the ethernet level with a bridge
· network error conditions:
· packet loss
· in transmission errors (IP, UDP layer)
· bandwidth restraints
· kernel driver for low-CPU overhead packet processing
· control application for configuring driver engine
· saving configuration to a text file
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed support for matching ethernet packets based on the protocol
· Added additional matches for ICMP, TCP and UDP protocols (ICMP Type, TCP/UDP src port and dst port)
· Added target for corruption of IP and UDP packets with optional checksum update.
· Numerous small bug-fixes and enhancements
· IET has entered feature-freez and until version 1.0.0 is released there will be only bugfixes