IPNetShareX - Share one net connection with multiple computers
Version: 1.0c5IPNetShareX is a small program designed to give users graphical access to Mac OS X's Network Address Translation (NAT) services without having to use the command line.
License: Free To Try $25.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
NAT is a protocol used to share a single internet connection among multiple computers without requiring a dedicated hardware router.
IPNetShareX is the perfect utility if you need an alternative to the basic Internet sharing option of IPNetRouter.
IPNetShareX uses unix "natd" and "ipfw". It does not provide full access to the TCP/IP configuration of the machine or other advanced features such as a built-in DHCP server.
Here are some key features of "IPNetShareX":
· Excellent performance using in kernel single address space AVL search trees.
· Excellent compatibility. As a shared resource, UNIX ipfw is often configured by multiple programs with conflicting models. IPNetRouterX does not use or depend on ipfw leaving it available for other UNIX software. IPNetRouterX's second generation NAT design includes many refinements not always available in other implementations.
· Flexible configuration, logging, and notification options.
· A connection to the Internet. IPNetShareX can be used with Cable Modems, xDSL, dial-up modems, and most other data link providers.
· At least one network interface card connected to a network. It is recommended that two cards be used since this is more secure in that you are not mixing internal and external data on the same card. Airport cards, as well as the internal ethernet cards now shipped on all Macs are acceptable.
· 40 days trial