ips-qos software is a flexible firewall and traffic shaping tool.
Version: 1.10.5-6ips-qos software is a flexible firewall and traffic shaping tool, was designed for the computers installed with following Linux operating systems: Ubuntu, Fedora Core, CentOS, Debian, Slackware, Mandriva, PLD, SUSE.
License: Free To Try $35.00
Operating System: Linux
The ips-qos package can also operate as a Virtual router » under MS Windows operating system in virtual VMware machine runnig Linux. It was intended to give administrators more control over a shared internet connection.
Main functions of ips-qos package:
· ips - a flexible easy-to-use configurable firewall with the ability to control access to internet (or selected services) from a LAN.
· qos - a traffic shaping tool that measures and controls the traffic load for every computer (or class of computers and services) in a LAN.
Simple PC with installed ips-qos package can operate as a router controlling internet connection at firm, office or home.
Applied in place of cheap plastic routers offers unique functionality for very low price.
On the other hand, ips-qos can be an unique enhancement for servers or more complex PC-based routers.
Here are some key features of "ips qos":
· individually configurable traffic shaping of up to 254 computers in LAN;
· defining up to 290 classes: traffic belonging to selected group of servers, computers or services can be classified and maintained separately;
· supporting most types of internet connections e.g.: ADSL, DSL, Frame Relay/ATM ( USB modems may need some additional configuration );
· redirecting ports to servers in LAN ( DNAT );
· enabling /disabling: IP and/or MAC addresses; blocking: ports, IP addresses;
· storing information about sent/received packets;
· registering traffic load of every computer / class ;
· static or dynamic traffic shaping based on CBQ or HTB;
· "live" traffic tracing;
· reporting load and transfer - pending and past;
· administering via internet browser (IE, Firefox).
· minimal : PC computer with Pentium processor 64MB RAM 2GB HDD;
· recommended : PC computer with Pentium II processor 128MB RAM 4GB HDD;
· Linux operating system : Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, Mandriva, PLD, SUSE;
· Ips-qos is based on typical packages included in all distributions with no need to compile special kernels or tools.
· 14 days trial
What's New in This Release:
· This version offers many new features including on-line updates, router/server classes based on IMQ, bridge mode, up to 590 computers/classes, an ipp2p extension, and many more. It works with Debian 4.0 and Fedora Core 8.