iwy presents a fast and easy to use fractals generator.
Version: 1.0iwy presents a fast and easy to use fractals generator.
Operating System: Linux
In colloquial usage, a fractal is "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be subdivided in parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced/size copy of the whole".
The term was coined by Benoît Mandelbrot in 1975 and was derived from the Latin fractus meaning "broken" or "fractured".
A fractal as a geometric object generally has the following features:
· It has a fine structure at arbitrarily small scales.
· It is too irregular to be easily described in traditional Euclidean geometric language.
· It is self-similar (at least approximatively or stochastically).
· It has a Hausdorff dimension that is greater than its topological dimension (although this requirement is not met by space-filling curves such as the Hilbert curve).
· It has a simple and recursive definition.
HOW To install:
· bzip2 -cd iwy-1.0.tar.bz2 | tar xf -
· cd iwy-1.0
· make install