JabberFoX is a client for the Jabber chat system
Version: 0.4.1JabberFoX is a Jabber client for Mac OS X and the name stands for "Jabber For OS X".
Operating System: Mac OS X
Jabber is an open source instant messaging system fully based on XML. Thanks to the server-side Jabber Agents, Jabber clients can communicate with users of other instant messaging systems, like AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, or IRC.
JabberFoX is written in Objective-C using Apple's Cocoa API and tries to make full use of Aqua, Apple's cool new user interface system. It aims at implementing all of the standard jabber features including chat, group chat, messages, the roster (buddylist), and agents. Eventually we hope to incorporate all of the features of the Jabber protocol, including browsing, strong encryption and the new conferencing protocol.
JabberFoX is currently being maintained by a small group of volunteers.
What's New in This Release:
· Localized to Spanish
· URLs in incoming messages/text are made clickabkle, like in web browser.
· Roster/UserChat/GroupChat can have transparent backgrounds
· Roster contacts with only one resource can't be expanded anymore to reduce clutter
· Added a menu item to show/hide offline roster items
· GroupChat: added Tab-completion of nick names
· GroupChat: highlighting possible via color, sound, or speech
· Support for new "invisible" mode (only works on Jabber servers >= 1.4.2)
· Various other minor changes
· Lots of bugs squashed (and probably new ones introduced :-P).