Java SQL Admin Tool allows you to manage a RDBMS via Java and JDBC.
Version: 2.4.2Admin is entirely written in Java. It uses Swing GUI Components and JDBC to connect to databases. Java SQL Admin Tool has been succesfully tested with MySQL, InstantDB, Oracle, Empress, and PostgreSQL.
Operating System: Linux
You can have a tree view of the RDBMS or pick a single instance to have a look at its metadata. It allows you to create, modify, and drop tables and to create indices on a table. The dynamic form makes it easy to enter data into a certain table, and the guided query makes it easy to retrieve data from a table and to export it.
Java developers will probably enjoy the code generator doing an OO relational wrapper and a swing GUI for them. You can also export and import data and transport it from one DBMS to another.
Admin runs with JDK 1.4.x because it is using the java.util.logging API to give more Info. As well as you need a RDBMS and a JDBC-Driver, see the Tested with section.
You need to add the following libraries to your CLASSPATH
· JDOM for the Codegenerator
· Martin Newsteads MSeries for the Codegenerator
· Calendarbean for the Codegenerator
· I did some tests with servlets, so if you want to dig in, you need to have servlet-engine
· POI if you want to export data into XLS
What's New in This Release:
· This version has a new tool, called Data Selection.
· This tool was initially developed to allow complex data selections for users not knowing much about RDBMS and Joins and other such complicated things in the world of databases.
· This tool has been in production for three years.
· SQLAdmin can now also be launched via Java Webstart.