JavaGear is an Open Source Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator written in Java
Version: Beta 4aJavaGear is an Open Source Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator written in Java. It was started as my final year university project, but work has continued in my spare time.
Operating System: Mac OS X
The project dissertation which accompanies JavaGear can be downloaded from the documents section of this website.
You'll also find my original project diary, which details the progress I originally made, whilst coding the emulator.
If you can contribute new code to the JavaGear project, then please contact me.
Here are some key features of "Javagear":
· SMS and GG Emulation (Compatiblity 95%)
· Region Setting (Application Only)
· PAL/NTSC Emulation
· Ability to load ROMs from ZIP files
· User Friendly GUI
· Debugger (Application Only)
· Sound Recording to WAV files (Application Only).
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed zoomed sprite bug introduced in Beta 4.
· Java JDK 1.31 or higher
· SMS / GG ROM images.