JavaTunes is a free and platform independent player/jukebox with focus on the functionality rather than the look
Version: 3.0JavaTunes is a free and platform independent player/jukebox with focus on the functionality rather than the look. JavaTunes is pure Java.
Operating System: Mac OS X
With JavaTunes, listening to music has never been easier.
Here are some key features of "JavaTunes":
· Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files are supported.
· Karaoke with lyrics when a .CDG file with a matching name is found (MP3+G and OGG+G)
· Similar artist playback that makes shuffling much more pleasant.
· Locking preventing your guest in skipping other requests
· No installation. One single file.
· Lastfm support
· Queue mode resulting in no more half played songs. New requests are put in a queue.
· Searching provides the desired song in a few seconds.
· Genre and year search to locate songs of a specified genre or year.
· Find top tracks from an artist (using Lastfm)
· Album mode listing all your albums. Add a whole album to the play list and play it in the intended order.
· Duplicate songs are found with intelligent matching.
· Album cover is showed if placed next to the audio file, if embedded in MP3 (id3v2 APIC) or if found on the internet
· Genre exception list to exclude certain genres in random mode.
· Full screen and minimized mode with always on top
· UTF-8 encoding supporting every language in the world
· HTTP support to play songs from a romte computer through a webserver (try this songs.xml)
· ShoutCast support with "now playing" (try skyfm.m3u)
· Highly optimized by speed and size.
· Drag and drop files or directories from the file system.
· Statistic showing most played songs. Popular songs are marked with a star.
· Platform independent running on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris etc.