PHP Job Tracker is a very simplistic job tracking system geared toward companies that provide services to clients.
Version: 1.0PHP Job Tracker is a very simplistic job tracking system geared toward companies that provide services to clients and that would benefit from a system for keeping service requests organized. Features include full user admin, promotions/incentive admin, and work type admin. Help files are included in the program itself.
Operating System: Linux
· PHP 4.x.x. This was developed under 4.1.2 but has nothing fancy that should break in later versions.
· A Web server. This was developed under Apache 1.3.26.
· A SMTP server and mail support configured into PHP.
· A mySQL server with an account that can create tables and has select/update/delete privileges.
1. Download jobTracker.
2. Unpack the file into a directory on your Web server.
3. Create a database on your database server and keep the db name handy.
4. Navigate to http://yourwebserver.com/path.to.jobTracker/setup.php and fill out the form accurately and completely.
5. Use the resulting SQL statements (or sql.txt in the unpacked directory) to populate the database you have created and specified in the setup wizard.
6. Change permissions on lib.php and lib_admin.php to read-only across the board.
7. Delete the following files from the unpacked directory:
8. Modify top.php and bot.php in the unpacked directory to reflect your site design. Also modify styles.css as needed.