jPodder is the most complete podcasting program on the planet.
Version: 1.1jPodder is the most complete podcasting program on the planet. Yes we can claim this as, jPodder was one of the first programs to be created for podcasting and has been innovating ever since.
Operating System: Linux
If you own a portable media player like the iPod or you want to listen to fresh content every day on your PC, then read on 'cause podcasting is what you are looking for.
With jPodder you can subscribe to websites containing audio. jPodder will download the files to your system and transfer these to your favourite media player.
Here are some key features of "jPodder":
Currently supported languages:
· Multi Platform program (Java based).
· Easy installer. (Creates shortcuts on Windows PC's).
· System tray (Minimize jPodder to download in background).
· GUI Menu and popup menu's.
· Build-in User manual.
· Multi-Language (0.9 New!)
RSS Feed management
· Add, Remove & Edit feeds.
· Sort feeds by name.(0.9 New!)
· Move feeds up/down
· View detailed Feed information.
· Feeds stored in easy XML format.
· Extensive status bar.
· Drag & Drop Podcasts link (0.9 New!)
· Preview enclosures incl. name, date, size..
· Show enclosure status (Downloaded, In player..)
· Show previous downloads from this feed.
· Highlights partial downloads.
· Highlights previous downloads.
· Scheduled downloads
· Multiple simultaneous downloads
· Single enclosure download
· Smart-Download, Downloads latest only.
· Maximum downloads, Limiter to the number of downloads
· Resume partial downloads
· Manual download retry
· Feed Authentication (0.9 New!)
· Proxy Server support (Including authentication)
· build-in BitTorrent. (Including seeding).
Media Player Interface
· Natively supports transfer to iTunes and WMP.
· Player plugin facility. (0.9 New!)
· MIME-Type association to players (0.9 New!)
Podcast Production (0.9 New!)
· Manage production steps
· Auto-create RSS feed
· MP3 Tag editing
· Add enclosures to RSS feed
· Launch recorder
· FTP Transfer production.
· Auto-test RSS feed.
· Color coded logging.
· BitTorrent logging.