kaskpass is a ssh-askpass replacement for Kde.
Version: 0.1kaskpass is a ssh-askpass replacement for Kde. In add, it allows use of kwalletd to manage your passphrase(s).
Operating System: Linux
See ssh man pages for more information about ssh system, ssh keys, ssh-agent and ssh-askpass.
kaskpass is written in ruby. It depends of ruby interpreter, libkorundum and kwallet. kaskpass is packaged to be installed in /usr/bin, but you can easily use it from your home directory.
Installation is same than ssh-askpass or ssh-askpass-gnome. One of convenient way is to copy kaskpass.desktop in your ~/.kde/Autostart:
cp /usr/share/doc/kaskpass/kaskpass.desktop ~/.kde/Autostart
This is only a beta version. There are some bugs to fix. Especially, I don't insure security of kaskpass. Please report all bug or improvements need.
- This is only beta version. There are some bugs to fix. Especialy, I don't garanty security of kaskpass. Please report all bug or improvements.
- Write manpage
- Translate it in other languages
- Add a systray icon to block acces to your ssh-agent
- Merge previous behaviour in kwalletd (as plugin for exemple)
- Write instructions for other distribution than debian