KCheckers is the Qt version of the classic boardgame
Version: 0.8.1Qt version of the classic boardgame "checkers". KCheckers game is also known as "draughts".
Operating System: Linux
KCheckers is distributed under the GNU GPL.
Here are some key features of "KCheckers":
· Pure Qt.
· Built-in checkers engine.
· English and Russian rules of play.
· Beginner, Novice, Average, Good, Expert and Master levels of skill.
· Green, Marble and Wooden themes of the board.
· Portable Draughts Notation database format support.
· PDN preview widget.
· Saving, loading and restarting of game.
· Auto change of the men's color.
· Undo of last move.
· Auto saving of settings.
· Optional numeration of the board.
· Game information box.
· The on-line description of the play's rules.
· Threads support.
· Internationalization support (now German and Russian).
· Network capabilities.
Rules of play:
· In the beginning of game you have 12 checkers (men).
· The men move forward only. The men can capture:
- by jumping forward only (english rules);
- by jumping forward or backward (russian rules).
· A man which reaches the far side of the board becomes a king.
· The kings move forward or backward:
- to one square only (english rules);
- to any number of squares (russian rules).
· The kings capture by jumping forward or backward.
· Whenever a player is able to make a capture he must do so.
What's New in This Release:
· A bug that occurred in SuSE 9.3 when compiling with GCC 3.3 was fixed.
· Unused code was removed.