kdsing is a project that searches in words list (for translations).
Version: 0.3.0kdsing is a project that searches in words list (for translations).
Operating System: Linux
kdsing uses a word list (e.g. English :: German) and lets you search though it.
This makes it a simple but very useful tool for looking up words when doing translations. It is derived from dsing.
kdsing is derived from dsing, a Tcl/Tk program to search in word lists
and help translators.
This is the port to KDE3.
Here are some key features of "kdsing":
· Path to word list
· Specify the path to your word list. This is /usr/local/dsing/words.gz if you use the kdsing-words RPM.
· Word delimiter
· One or more characters used to delimit the two language columns. Default is "::".
· Clear list for new search
· Will clear the output window before starting a new search.
· Show all or show max. hits
· Show all matched lines or only the first n.
· Word search
· Search for whole words only (-w grep option)
· case insensitive
· Ignore case of search pattern (-i grep option)
· always at beginning of line
· Match has to occur at the beginning of line. This will only search in the first column.
· use zgrep
· Zgrep is for searching in a gzip compressed file. The file in the kdsing-words RPM is gzip compressed, so you have to check this option.
· show command
· Check this one if you are interested in how a command line would look like.
· regular expression
· Interpret the seach pattern as a regular expression. See manual page of grep for more details.
What's New in This Release:
· Initial Creation