Keith's AstroImager - Webcam capture program especially tailored to astrophotography
Version: 3.6.1Keith's AstroImager is a webcam capture program especially tailored to astrophotography including features such as histograms, channel separation, debayering (for RAW modded cameras), focusing aids, collimation circles, and cardinal axes for a variety of alignment procedures such as drift alignment, periodic error correction, and guiding.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Although Keith's AstroImager can be used for any task involving the capturing of images or recording of videos from a webcam (or any quicktime video device), it is especially suited to webcam astrophotography.
Here are some key features of "Keiths AstroImager":
· Focus aid using power spectrum distribution or brightness
· RGB and value histogram observation
· RGB channel separation
· Histogram level adjustment
· DeBayering (for RAW modded cameras)
· Framerate calculation
· An overlayed target on the image which is useful for telescope collimation, periodic error training, and drift alignment
· Autoguiding on LX200 or compatible telescopes and mounts
· Control of Steve Chambers long exposure modified webcams.