Kerio MailServer is a state-of-the-art groupware server allowing companies to collaborate via email.
Version: 6.1.2 Build 573Kerio MailServer is a state-of-the-art groupware server allowing companies to collaborate via email, shared calendars, shared contacts and tasks.
License: Free To Try $499.00
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Kerio MailServer":
· Integrated McAfee Antivirus instantly removes viruses from incoming and outgoing email.
· SpamEliminator automatically detects and filters spam.
· Kerio WebMail with drag-and-drop makes a great alternative to Microsoft Outlook.
· Server-based calendars and address books synchronize seamlessly with Outlook, Entourage and Kerio WebMail.
· Exchange Migration Tool imports all user data from Microsoft Exchange.
Kerio MailServer is a secure, high-performance, multi-domain, mail server working with all POP3 and IMAP desktop mail clients for Windows, Linux and Mac.
Dual anti-virus control provides administrators with the ability to use both the integrated McAfee Anti-Virus and one of several external virus scanning products (Avast, AVG, eTrust, NOD32, Sophos, Symantec) for stronger protection.
A combination of content-based (SpamEliminator) and sender-based (SpamRepellent) anti-spam tools in Kerio MailServer significantly reduces the amount of unwanted email, helping to limit the legal hassles and security risks associated with spam.
Kerio WebMail & Kerio WebMail Mini
Two different web-based email clients, one with the look and feel of Microsoft Outlook and the other optimized for viewing email on PDA devices, provide users with both comfort and speed while working from most modern web browsers, including Safari and Firefox.
As an alternative for Microsoft Exchange, Kerio MailServer provides access to shared calendars, shared contacts and email from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Entourage, and Kerio WebMail, while delivering lower TCO and a better overall email management experience for SMEs.
Administrators can download, install and configure the mail server in minutes, with simple wizards assisting with the most common administration tasks. Two interfaces allow administrators to manage either the entire mail server or just user accounts for specific domains.
Migration tool from Microsoft Exchange
To help companies migrate from Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2000/2003 to Kerio MailServer, Kerio offers its Kerio Exchange Migration Tool. It migrates users, folder structure, messages, all attachments, calendars, contacts and tasks, regardless of whether Active Directory is being used.
Managing user accounts in Kerio MailServer is possible using either the internal database or external directory services. Kerio MailServer has seamless integration with Active Directory on Windows and Apple Open Directory on Mac OS X Server.
Kerio MailServer is a scalable messaging server that can support anywhere from 20 users, in a small local area network, to several hundred users running from a single server. One server can provide email with virus and spam filtering to 500 concurrent IMAP users without a hit on performance.
Supported operating systems
Kerio MailServer runs on Windows 2000/XP/2003, server and desktop editions, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux and Mac OS X. Kerio Outlook Connector for Microsoft Outlook runs on Windows 2000/XP/2003.
What's New in This Release:
· added support for Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.1)
· added support for groupware folders in Apple Mail 10.4. Groupware support for Apple Mail can be enabled in configuration file (variable IMAPFullListing).
· fixed stability issue when administrator corrupts consistency of user mailbox in the mailstore
· fixed handling of invalid SPF records published in sender's domain
· fixed a memory leak related to logging of reverse DNS records for incoming connections
· fixed an automatical repair procedure for Calendar and Tasks folder. Outlook did not start when these folders were corrupted.
· fixed stability issue when using Kerberos authentication on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
· reduced number of DNS lookups when received e-mail is rejected by DNS blacklist or mismatched SPF
· attachment was not removed when sending filtered message from antivirus to administrator
· default From: address in WebMail was lost on update from KMS 6.0.x
· fixed support for Thunderbird 1.5. Implemented workaround for bug in Thunderbird.
· sender's address was used while composing Received header in WebMail and Entourage 2004
· e-mail sent to user in secondary domain was delivered to primary domain if the internet hostname in KMS is equal to secondary domain
· it was not possible to create two contacts with same name in Entourage 2004
· fixed support for alternative user's e-mail address in Entourage 2004 account settings
· mail log did not contain list of all e-mail recipients
· e-mails sent from Blackberry to KMS were sometimes moved to Sent Items folder
· denial message from mailing list did not contain moderator's address
· folder beginning with tilde could not be created via IMAP
· free/busy did not contain events published in Apple iCal
· fixed LDAP lookup from Entourage
· users tracked in KMS could not login when number of users exceeded license
· fixed handling of meeting requests encoded in base64
· e-mail forwarded in recursive loop was lost
· e-mail distributed by mailing list was not stored into archive
· improved processing of filters in LDAP
· X-Envelope-To header contained BCC addresses
· improved accuracy of timer in scheduler
· fixed e-mail loop if the mailing list is a member of its own list
· some messages in security log did not contain sender's IP address
· changed startup script on Linux