KLACK is a small game with spheres.
Version: 0.005KLACK project is a small game with spheres.
Operating System: Linux
KLACK gives you the command over a sphere (you control it via one key, visit the page to see how) which you have to use to hit another sphere or make another sphere hit a third sphere.
Rules for "KLACK":
· Center of the game are the spheres. You can accelerate yours by pressing your key. The player keys are: Tab, Space, Keypad-Plus and Mouse Whenever a sphere collides with another, points may be awarded or removed from the player's score.
· You will notice the pointer in the lower right of the window. It shows the direction of the actual acceleration.
· In the lower left, all player scores are shown.
· Right beneath the scoreboard, a timer is showing the seconds left until the game ends.
· Between the timer and the direction pointer is a small diagram showing the rules for awarding points. Everyone starts with zero points and nobody can get less than zero points. In the diagram, a green arrow means that a point is awarded, and a red arrow means a point is removed. A black arrow means the points are carried over. By now, we have two game modi:
· Shuffle: The original game. You control (more or less) the green sphere, and try to let the yellow sphere hit the blue sphere while avoiding the red sphere. Fair enough, hu?
· Cascade: This Four-Player-game is quite easy to explain: Bump into your right neighbor, but don't get hit by the left. Naturally, the leftmost player has to fear the rightmost.
· Spheres may bump into or even through each other. I now have the outlines of an improved algorithm that does vector clipping.
· After a cascade game only player 1's score is shown.
· The manpage is incomplete and needs translation.