KoalaCalc - Free scientific calculator
Version: 4.3.1KoalaCalc is a free multi-purpose calculator for Mac OS X. In its compacted state, it looks similar to the standard calculator that comes with Mac OS X.
Operating System: Mac OS X
If you click the 'advanced features' box KoalaCalc becomes one of the most advanced scientific, statistical, conversion and expression calculators available.
Here are some key features of "KoalaCalc":
· Numerous mathematical functions including trig and log functions plus 10 individual memory banks
· Conversion to and from dozens of units (inches to millimeters, pounds to kilograms, etc.)
· International currency conversions, which can be updated via the Internet to the latest rates set by the International Monetary Fund
· Basic statistical calculations on up to 10 data sets including t-tests and analysis of variance (ANOVA)
· Fraction converter converts from decimal to fraction and from fraction to decimal
· Fraction calculator can add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions
· Built-in tape recorder (contents can be saved, recalled, or printed)
· Voice recognition input (great for people with limited use of their hands)
· Voice feedback (button pressed and/or computed value can be read aloud)
· Built-in expression calculator which supports brackets and logical order of operations
· Probability calculator computes exact p value based on the F distribution, with or without epsilon correction (this unique feature is useful for statistical calculations)
· Customizable constants menu
· No second function button - all features have their own button
· Most buttons including advanced scientific functions include keyboard shortcuts - a real time saver
· Help on how to use each button is provided by simply leaving the mouse cursor over a button for a few seconds
· User can set various preferences including
· Advanced features can be hidden to reduce the size of the footprint.