Kuartet Desktop project aims to create a visually appealing, easy to use desktop built upon KDE.
Version: 0.4.0.1Kuartet Desktop project aims to create a visually appealing, easy to use desktop built upon KDE.
Operating System: Linux
Kuartet Desktop consists of a library written around Superkaramba that makes it easy to write desktop applets that are integrated within a centralized desktop theme, a set of very usable desktop applets, and graphical configuration tools.
The main desktop applet is the Kuartet Manager, which provides quick access to documents, applications, bookmarks, etc.
· KDE 3.5.1
· SuperKaramba 0.35
· Python 2.4
Download and extract kuartet-0.4.0.tar.gz
1. open a terminal and change to the extracted directory
2. copy kuartetlib/ to /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
3. make directory /usr/share/kuartet or /usr/local/share/kuartet
4. copy the following directories into the directory you just made
* NOTE: apps/ can be located anywhere.
To configure Kuartet, right click on any Kuartet applet and click Configure...
You could also run the scripts manually. They reside in configdialogs/.
Config files are saved to ~/.kuartet/settings/.
What's New in This Release:
· The trash plugin supports drag-n-drop.
· The DesktopBar menu has been changed to display KMenu.
· This allows for access to applications if the Manager is not running.
· A few class adjustments in kuartetlib have been made.