Leter Hunt is a Seven Day Roguelike game.
Version: 002Leter Hunt is a Seven Day Roguelike game. The original idea came from a discussion at the end of the 2005 7DRL challenge with Antoine, the author of Guild.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Letter Hunt":
· Spell words by capturing your foes in the correct order to earn points and powerups.
· Fifty-two letters to capture, many with their own personalities or unique abilities.
· Power-up based character advancement. Rather than gaining experience or levels, you just gain powerups that can wear off. Advancement is not permament.
· Open-ended game - there is no final boss or win condition. Your goal is to get as many points as possible before attrition or increasingly difficult enemies take you down.
· Extremely tactical combat. There is no randomness in combat. You always hit and always do full damage. This means that careful placement is the difference between success and failure.
· Turn based action, as is normal for a roguelike.
· User editable wordlist: The list of valid words is a plain text file that can be added to or replaced. Creature frequency is calculated from letter frequency in the wordlist file.
What's New in This Release:
· Various niggly bugs fixed, including the crash on walk.