LINGOT is a musical instrument tuner.
Version: 0.7.4LINGOT is a musical instrument tuner. LINGOT is easy to use, accurate, and highly configurable. Originally conceived to tune electric guitars, its configurability gives it a more general character. (Tuning another instruments has not been tested).
Operating System: Linux
It looks like an analogic tuner, with a gauge indicating the relative shift to a certain note --found automatically as the closest note to the estimated frequency--, indicating that note and its frequency.
The note will be found automatically, since the program hasn't any manual function mode (indicating the note to tune manually), for mantaining its general purpose.
We recommend using the tuner in conjunction with a sound mixer for selecting the desired recording source and the signal recording levels.
Here are some key features of "LINGOT Is Not a Guitar Only Tuner":
· Easy to use. Just plug in your instrument and run tuner.
· Very configurable via GUI. It's possible to change any parameter while the program is running, without editing any file.
· It works in an automatic way. It isn't necessary specify the note to tune; the program guesses it.
· It's free software. It has GPL license.
· Tuning other instruments than guitars is possible. Since this program guesses the note you are playing, it can be used to tune a piano, a bass, a violin, etc.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds src/lingot-i18n.h, makes the configuration dialog more "GTK-compliant", fixes charset problems in the Spanish translation, the size of the "Note" frame on main window, and two SIGSEGV bugs, removes some deprecated gtk calls, renames src/tuner.cc to src/lingot.cc, updates the es translation, and uses GtkAboutDialog to show "about" information.