lmappletserver is a framework for integrating Java applets into the J2EE environment.
Version: 1.0.3lmappletserver is a framework for integrating Java applets into the J2EE environment.
Operating System: Linux
Lightminds is proud to announce the easiest way ever to use EJB3 from within your applet or web start applications - without having to think about firewall issues and other transport layer dependencies.
Here are some key features of "lmappletserver":
· Transparent remote access. No more RMI or similar just code as the remote objects where local within your applet! Dramatically improves development times.
· Automatic applet packaging and deployment! Write your applet code within your favourite IDE and have it automatically packaged and deployed within your application for immediate use by calling clients.
· Extremely Lightweight client for use within Applets etc. No more heavy Web service, EJB3 client libraries, RMI libraries or similar.
· No need to code applet-server communication protocols and/or servlets to handle interaction.
· Runs over port 80 just as web services would but without the overhead! No more firewall or security issues.
· Expose your server side methods for the applet by simply using annotations!
· Security on the server side by using annotations!
· Automatic dependency loading, you do not have to worry about dependencies ,again just code as if your objects where local.
What's New in This Release:
· Auto packaging of jar file based applets on the fly. Complete with resources and everything.
· Auto signing of jar file based applets on the fly. Automatic signing of applets wich needs to do out of sandbox operations.
· EJB3 is no longer a requirement- you may use ordinary POJO's for example in Jakarta Tomcat by annotating them with @AppletService as long as you implement a @AppletServiceInterface.
· Bugfixes and other improvements.