LoFiMo is used to monitor logfiles in real time.
Version: 1.0.15LoFiMo is used to monitor logfiles in real time. The output is presented via a web interface and optionally on the console.
Operating System: Linux
Using the web interface it is possible to monitor log files from a remote machine. LoFiMo can be used to colorize the log entries using filters.
Filters can also be used to reformat log entries, hide log entries or play sounds or execute commands when certain log entries are read.
LoFiMo uses inputs to read log entries from different file formats. It can for instance parse files created by the syslog daemon or the apache web server.
Here are some key features of "LoFiMo":
· Support for apache style log files
· Support for syslog style log files
· Can process iptables log and reformat it. Can detect most ICMP types and convert them to cleat text.
· For example
· Nov 23 16:53:32 esme kernel: FW_ACCEPT: IN=eth1 OUT=eth0 SRC=x.x.x.x DST=x.x.x.x LEN=84 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=53 ID=12419 PROTO=ICMP TYPE=0 CODE=0 ID=7220 SEQ=7
· can be transformed into:
· Nov 23 16:53:32 esme kernel: FW_ACCEPT: ICMP / eth1->eth0 / x.x.x.x->x.x.x.x / len=84 / tos=0x00 / Echo Reply / ttl=53
· Can process postfix mail entries and output them as single line per mail.
· For example these seven lines
· Nov 23 17:56:01 magrat postfix/smtpd: connect from mx02.domain.com[x.x.x.x]
· Nov 23 17:56:01 magrat postfix/smtpd: A297015B603: client=mx02.domain.com[x.x.x.x]
· Nov 23 17:56:01 magrat postfix/cleanup: A297015B603: message-id=< 002d01c5f04e$c44f16c0$0100a8c0@eva >
· Nov 23 17:56:02 magrat postfix/qmgr: A297015B603: from=< email@example.com >, size=170113, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
· Nov 23 17:56:10 magrat postfix/smtp: A297015B603: to=< firstname.lastname@example.org >, relay=localhost[127.0.0.1], delay=9, status=sent (250 2.6.0 Ok, id=12734-02, from MTA: 250 Ok: queued as 1508615B633)
· Nov 23 17:56:10 magrat postfix/qmgr: A297015B603: removed
· Nov 23 17:56:32 magrat postfix/smtpd: disconnect from mx02.domain.com[x.x.x.x]
· can be transformed into a single line:
· 2005-11-23 17:56:10 magrat postfix email@example.com -> firstname.lastname@example.org / mx02.domain.com[x.x.x.x] -> localhost[127.0.0.1] / 9 sec / 170113 bytes / sent (250 2.6.0 Ok, id=12734-02, from MTA: 250 Ok: queued as 1508615B633)
· Can remove unwanted log entries from the output.
· Can set the style for each field of a log entry using css allowing multiple fonts and colours in the same line.
· Can play a sound whenever a log entry matching certain criteria is read (e.g. when mail from a certain sender arrived).
· Can execute a command whenever a log entry matching certain criteria is read (e.g. to send an email or play sound using a custom sound player).
· Filters use regular expressions to match certain fields or the entire log entries.
· Can process log files of any format.
· Access via web browser from remote machines. View the log entries as they are read in real time or browse and refresh the output in the interval you configure.
What's New in This Release:
· The character set of monitored files can now be specified.
· Filenames in the execute property of filters can now contain blank characters.