m.o.t.e.s. - Minute Object Twisted Environment Simulation
Version: 1.0m.o.t.e.s. is a toy, not unlike one of those "executive" desk toys that features a mix of sparkly sand and water framed between two sheets glass. As you turn the frame, the sand falls through the water, making various patterns. Only instead of just sand and water, there's a half dozen basic elements, and a matching set of "generators". And it won't make a mess if you accidentally knock it over and break the glass...
License: Free To Try $14.95
Operating System: Mac OS X
m.o.t.e.s. is a fun way to kill some time, relax, and watch the often hypnotic nature of interacting patterns. m.o.t.e.s. is actually based on the mathematic concept of "cellular automaton" so you can always claim your actually studying emergant behavior in cellular automatrons (and not just wasting time).
And if you get frustrated, you can twist the frame and turn it at an angle, or even turn it completely upside down!
m.o.t.e.s. is your own little world that you can play with.Will plants grow and consume all the water? Will fire burn down the plants? Will water erode away the soil? Will the oil spill catch on fire? Will toxins spread viruses march through universe? It's all up to you...
Here are some key features of "motes":
· Wall blocks everything.
· Water falls and flows, and can put out fires, dissolve salt, and erode soil.
· Clouds produce water.
· Fire rises, but quickly burns out, and burns plants, oil, and viruses.
· Magma produces fire.
· Plants consume water and grow.
· Seeds start plants when in contact with water.
· Salt falls and piles up, and slowly settles in oil, kill viruses and sometimes soak up water (though is usually dissolved by it).
· Shakers produce salt.
· Oil falls and flows, and floats on water.
· Spills produce oil.
· Sand falls and piles up, but otherwise just takes up space.
· Soil, when eroded by water, creates sand.
· Virus grow by the rules of "Life" in air and water, and can also infect plants.
· Toxins create viruses.
· Mac with CoreImage support
· Until registered, will only run for 5 minutes at a time (and saving your creation is disabled).