Macromedia Central - Deliver cross-platform internet apps to your desktop
Version: 1.5Macromedia Central delivers cross-platform rich Internet applications to the desktop.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Macromedia Central extends the reach of Flash rich Internet applications and content beyond the browser and into the desktop, making true cross-platform applications a reality. This offering builds on the strength of the Macromedia Flash development community, the AOL AIM and ICQ services for messaging and presence, and existing web standards.
What's New in This Release:
· AOL Instant Messenger SDK for Macromedia Central
· The AIM SDK gives Central developers the ability to incorporate instant messaging and online presence detection in Central applications. The SDK provides APIs for the AOL messaging platform, unlocking AIM and ICQ for use in Central applications.
· Central 1.5 SDK
· File Input/Output
· Central applications are able to securely manage file upload and download between desktop and web applications within a secured perimeter separate from the operating system.
· Automatic Network Detection
· Central applications can automatically detect network status in order to provide a seamless user experience, regardless of network connection.
· Flash Player 7 and ActionScript 2.0 support Central 1.5 is built on Macromedia Flash Player 7 for improved performance, security and ease of programming.
· UI enhancements
· Central 1.5 contains various user interface enhancements for managing applications and customizing the workspace.
· New Licensing Model With Central 1.5, we have updated the licensing model to make it simple and easy to deploy Central applications. See details.
· 667 MHz PowerPC G4 processor or higher
· Mac OS X 10.1.5, or higher
· 128 MB available system RAM (256 MB recommended)
· Macromedia Flash Player version 6,0,65 or later Macromedia Extension Manager version 1.6 or later.