MapGeneration Project is a project featuring a server and helper programs to collect GPS information.
Version: 0.3.0MapGeneration Project is a project featuring a server and helper programs to collect GPS information from various sources and to then automatically generate a continuously improved, time annotated road map.
Operating System: Linux
Nowadays gps-receivers are quite cheap and many people use them for route planning in their cars. On the other hand updated maps for the route planing systems are relativly expansive, if available at all.
The idea is to collect the data that people have recorded with their gps-receivers and combine it into one freely available road map. Besides being cheap and always current this map would also contain actual driving time information: Route planning on such a map would not have to use road type based approximations to calculate the fasted route.
In the MapGeneration Project we implement such a program and the end user tools needed to access the data. At the moment we concentrate on two programs: The MapGenerator itself and the MapGeneratorGUI used to administer the generator.
The MapGenerator is a server that accepts incoming data via network and combines the received road information into one big map. As the map might become quite big a database is used as storage. The MapGeneratorGUI connects to this database and displays the map.
As the best way to understand a program is to use it we will now give a short introduction to using the program.
What's New in This Release:
· (Server) New filter to detect gaps in the input traces.
· (Server) Calculates and outputs total length and time of processed traces.
· (Server) Added full support for more than one processing thread, 2 is default now.
· (Server) Rewrote TraceServer and TraceConnection to support commoncpp2 1.0.x.
· (Server) Server tries to bind to 127.0.0.1 if no interfaces are found.
· (Server) Added curvature as a criterion for merging -> much better merging!
· (Server) Improved avoidance of double processing of nodes.
· (Server) Moved parsing of traces into TraceFilter.
· (General) Added lots of new methods to handle distances, bearings and interpolation.
· (General) Configuration system supports boolean values.
· (Buildsys) Changed parameters to specify config files to --with-wx-config and --with-ccgnu2-config
· (Server) Protected data handling between thread with mutexs.
· (GUI) Fixed some string literals for full unicode support.
· (General) Cache: Fixed all size calculations and the size handling system.
· (General) Raised requirements for wxWidgets to 2.6 (beta versions since 2.5.3 should work).
· (General) Some small fixes to build with commoncpp2 1.0.x.